A saltwater pool is a pool that uses a saltwater pool chlorinator. The way this works is that instead of adding chlorine to water in your pool you can use salt. The generator converts this to chlorine. One of the benefits of using saltwater pools is that salt makes the water feel silkier.
A saltwater chlorine generator is a machine that has two main components: a cell and a control board. The machine converts salt in the water into tiny bubbles of chlorine. The way these works are pool water flows through the device. There are a series of metal grids that have a low voltage current and create a reaction to produce pure chlorine. This article goes on to describe how one should maintain a saltwater pool. It is a must-read for those searching for pool maintenance in Sydney.
Tips on Maintenance of a Salt Water Pool
It is likely your pool is already a saltwater pool, it is also possible that you are converting your existing pool into a saltwater pool. The type of maintenance and care required for a saltwater pool is different from a normal pool, hence that needs to be taken into consideration.
Besides having to add salt you may still need to add chlorine if the water you are using is chlorine-free. Here are several tips on how to maintain your saltwater pool:
- A saltwater pool will have a saltwater pool chlorinator. The way it works is that it converts salt added to the water over a long period of time. Hence, it advisable to shock a pool with chlorine in the interim.
- It is not necessary to completely depend on your generator for chlorine, you can add some yourself. Especially since it is harder for salt to handle phosphates. Added chlorine may thus be necessary to deal with the rapid rate in which organic matter grows.
- The pH level of this type of pool is usually always very high which is mainly due to the type of chlorine that saltwater pool chlorinator generates. It is necessary for pool owners to deal with this problem.
- The pH value can affect the acidic state of the water. It is necessary to maintain the neutral state of water hence the high pH value due to chlorinator needs to be addressed. the pH level should ideally be maintained at 7.4pH.
- It is necessary to replace the water in your pool periodically. Many people tend to hesitate on how to dispose of water. It is perfectly ok to dispose of the water in the garden or grass in spite of it being saltwater.
- Regular pool maintenance is vital no matter what type of pool you may have. This is necessary to keep the pool free for dirt and to ensure the long life of the pool.
- It is highly beneficial to skim the surface of a pool on a regular basis. This process will not take more than 10 minutes and helps to remove bugs, leaves, and debris.
- A filter basket also needs to be cleared out on a regular basis which will make your pool system more efficient. A filter is vital to trap dirt and should be cleaned regularly to ensure it is efficient.
- Regular cleaning of a pool will ensure that it is free from algae and stains. It is highly advisable to seek assistance from professionals for the purpose of pool maintenance.
- Pay close attention to the water level of the pool as well. This is important because the amount of chemicals you need to add depends on the amount of water. Several factors affect the water level, including evaporation and splashing.
- It is good practice to monitor the pH level of the pool. It is necessary to maintain correct acidity and alkalinity of the water. You can seek help from the professionals for this purpose; the testing of water can be done by one of the many DIY water testing kits.